Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:19:05 -0500
Thomas wrote:

>Cool! The concept idea was really nice and now it looks like it will become true soon. Will you start /continue public discussion about the gameplay?

Sure... Gameplay's pretty simple though, it's basically Combat on platforms...

>Sorry, I don't get where the big advantage of your concept is. With P0 and P1 already used, how can you do enemies now?

There are no enemies. That's why I adapted this kind of scroller to the Cave1k type game.

The advantage that this scroll has over Mortal Kurling is that the walls in the Mortal Kurling scroller could only change elevation 6 times per screen. This scroller can change elevation 11 times per screen. However, given Manuel's comment's I think I might go ahead and adapt the Mortal Kurling scroller as well. Or maybe just make this one look more like it, and less blocky. Hmm...

As far as any advantage over your Cave1k, that's obviously pretty debateable. It's really just an excuse to play with smooth scroller's again, call it a recurring theme, a personal obsession, even - After all the 2600 can't do smooth horizontal scroller's....

Chris...