Re: [stella] Music Visualizations

Subject: Re: [stella] Music Visualizations
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:41:27 -0600

I've a certian effect in mind. It'd best work with a
song where the VCS was mainly responsible for the rhythm
section. The simpler the better. Best would be a solid
techno bassline with a few other (clearly
distinguishable) things going on on the other channel.

Cool! I've attached the closest I have to that. It's an instrumental that we do live. I don't have a good recording of the whole song, but here's an early version of part of it:

http://qotile.net/audio/cynthcart4.mp3

If you end up having time to put something together, I can always move it to another song if it looks like it might work better with a different one. As long as it runs off the measure, beat, and note1/2 variables, it'll be easy to transplant between songs.

Beware that Z26 doesn't emulate the "buzz" sound very well which is used a lot in this one. It sounds better on the real thing.

I'm working on a few cool new music kernals myself that are a bit more involved that what I currently have. I should have one of them running next week, and I'll post it then.

-Paul