Re: [stella] Music Visualizations

Subject: Re: [stella] Music Visualizations
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:31:00 +0100
Hi Paul!

> Cool!  I've attached the closest I have to that.

Can I have font.h as well? :-)

> It's an instrumental that we do live.  I don't have a
> good recording of the whole song, but here's an early
> version of part of it:
>http://qotile.net/audio/cynthcart4.mp3

Sounds cool. If I hear that right, the VCS part might be
a bit too fiddely for the planned effect in certain
places, but I'll give it a try :-)

> As long as it runs off the measure, beat, and note1/2
> variables, it'll be easy to transplant between songs.

That reminds me that the AI cowboy during the Gunfight
intro is not random driven, but actually by the music.
The space it has to *dance* was just way too small to
make his moves recognizable enough.

I bet no one ever noticed :-)

> Beware that Z26 doesn't emulate the "buzz" sound very
> well which is used a lot in this one.  It sounds
> better on the real thing.

Ok.

> I'm working on a few cool new music kernals myself
> that are a bit more involved that what I currently
> have.  I should have one of them running next week,
> and I'll post it then.

A nice effect might be generated by doing the
*vectorized* cave thing idea I had for the Cave game.
You could have something like a strobing flash,
generated live out of the actual music data... :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel