Re: [stella] TIA Audio Polynomials

Subject: Re: [stella] TIA Audio Polynomials
From: Adam Wozniak <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:40:00 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Paul Slocum wrote:
> C=15 doesn't sound like it's correct in emulation either.

I think the frequencies in the Stella emulator are off as well.

For C=4, F=7
Frequency analysis of the captured audio shows the first peak at 1966Hz,
but 2792Hz for the waveform generated by TIASound.c

I'm using a base frequency of 31400 (which is what Stella does), but
my calculations for the base frequency derived from my sample audio
is 31392.  Probably close enough, and certainly doesn't account for the
1966Hz vs 2792Hz.

--
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/pgp.html
Will code for food.          http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/resume.html