Re: [stella] Music Visualizations

Subject: Re: [stella] Music Visualizations
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:37:36 -0600

This stuff is amazing. I love it.

Thanks!

Is the large icon one done by drawing playfields?

Yeah, that's playfield.

I meant to post one other idea I've been working on. I want to make a simple game that's synchronized to a song, and then have someone play the game while we play the song live. The enemies and colors etc. will change with the music.

So I started working on this space shooter that's kind of ending up like a combination of River Raid and Megamania. I think there is still plenty of time left in the kernel to add the elements needed for a game. You can move the ship now, but it's not playable at all. The pseudo-parallax scrolling looks pretty cool. :o)

-paul