Re: [stella] Need Help with 13 - character display routine.

Subject: Re: [stella] Need Help with 13 - character display routine.
From: Billy Eno <ceno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:59:25 -0600
It shows 13-CHARACTERS via a supercharger, beautiful!
(it works on pcaewin and z26 too)

Good Job!

-Billy

R Mundschau wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for no recent updates on Gravity Ball. I got distracted by the possibility of a 13 character display routine. It displays 13 characters with no flicker! Unfortunately, there is either a bug in my code or a bug in the Stella emulator for Macintosh because it is not rendering correctly.

Specifically this routine requires that what a write is made to RESBL, the ball is drawn immediately at the new position (+4 pixels). Based on the TIA description posted to this list, that is supposed to be the case. Stella for Mac, however, does not draw the ball immediately but rather waits to the next line.

Could someone please try the attached binary in the Z26 emulator? Or better yet, could someone load it into a cuttle cart and see if it works? It should display the string "13-CHARACTERS" across the top of the screen followed by a rainbow down the rest of the screen.

I will be happy to share the source code once I get this beast working. I want to put together a demo program highlighting the display mode before I release the source.

Thanks much.

Rob