Re: [stella] tia hue luminance

Subject: Re: [stella] tia hue luminance
From: Adam Wozniak <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:53:58 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Eric Ball wrote:
> Give a look at this:
> http://www.atariage.com/users/ericball/tia_rgb.html
>
> If I read the sRGB spec right, RGB values in HTML are non-linear Rec.709 RGB
> values scaled to 0-255, so this should be fairly close.  (I need to fire up
> my 2600 and have a look at the colorbar demo I've done.

See http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/z.html

Your col=F looks green, not "light orange" as suggested by the TIA manual
and the other references (emulator and old biglist post).

Your colors do look darker than the other references.

Your colors do not look like my calculated colors, which means either I
implemented your equations incorrectly or you are using some equations
which you did not post.

--
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/pgp.html
Will code for food.          http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/resume.html