Re: [stella] 13 chars C64-style

Subject: Re: [stella] 13 chars C64-style
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:33:08 -0500
Paul wrote:

>Christopher:  That display looks really cool.  Although I'm trying to avoid any flicker since the main kernal in my RPG already flickers.  Don't want my whole game to be a flicker-fest!  ;o)

Well, check it on a real console, it might not be as bad as you think...

Really though it just depends how much text you need on each row. If 13 is enough then that's obviously the way to go, particularly since you can probably get almost as much text on screen given the fewer blank scanlines between rows (1/2 as much text data to shift around).

Chris...