Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Wide Missile Spacing?

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Wide Missile Spacing?
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:48:52 -0500
On Wednesday 10 December 2003 10:07, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> 3 Copies 24 pixel spacing:

OK, I've been confused about something for a little while but
been too afraid to ask about it till now.

I had always thought that you could have multiple copies of the
players OR double/quad-wide players but not both at once.  If
you can actually use both features at once, what about a
variation on the 6-digit-score trick that uses double-wide
players (and different timing) to make a coarser but
96-pixel-wide bitmap display to get around the "vertical strip
down the middle" effect but still with better resolution than
playfield graphics?  Theoretically possible?

Rob