Re: [stella] Death Derby optimizations

Subject: Re: [stella] Death Derby optimizations
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:09:18 +0100
Glenn wrote:
> One thing you might notice is how much RAM I have to reserve for the score
> display.  12 bytes for the digit pointers.
>
> Honestly, I'd rather have a sprite-based score ala Gunfight.  If someone
> were to be kind enough to replace my score with something like that I'd
> greatly appreciate it :)

The code wouldn't be the big problem, but intergrating it into existing code is.

E.g. the 12 bytes for the score can (and should be!) be reused for other codes
and thus requires some general RAM layout planing.

And then the sprites have to be repositioned after a sprite-based score display
so you have to integrate/change a lot of code here too and it's better if you do
that yourself (maybe with some little help from some friends ;-).

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110