Re: [stella] slightly offtopic: Apple II mouse pointer in vblank?

Subject: Re: [stella] slightly offtopic: Apple II mouse pointer in vblank?
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 28 Jan 2004 02:21:28 -0000
> (or click http://tinyurl.com/3dsuq )
>
> It says
> To move the mouse cursor without flickering, both the Mac and the Apple III code used a vertical blanking interrupt, which drew the cursor during the time interval when no video was being painted.
[snip]

> But, given my experience w/ the 2600, I don't understand how you
> draw *anything* during VBLANK...almost by definition!
>
> Anyone know what they mean, and how it would relate to my experience
> on the 2600?

Just a thought...could they mean "draw the cursor" to video memory
or something like that, as opposed to the literal video signal? That
occured to me after I sent this...

MISTAKES "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve
            as a warning to others." --Demotivators, http://despair.com