Re: [stella] slightly offtopic: Apple II mouse pointer in vblank?

Subject: Re: [stella] slightly offtopic: Apple II mouse pointer in vblank?
From: Matt Matthews <jvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:03:03 -0500
On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 23:15, Andrew Davie wrote:
> The Apple had various graphics modes (character and bitmap).  The character
> graphics were hardwired into ROM, and there were no sprite capabilities on
> the machine.

Completely OT at this point, since this is Stella and not an Apple ][
list, but...didn't the Apple ][ have "shapes" which could be defined by
line segments and then displayed, rotated, scaled, and so forth? I
recall typing in a program to do this kind of thing, but perhaps I was
typing in the software to do the shapes as well as the shapes
themselves.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Atari 2600 hacking...

matt

--
Curmudgeon Gamer: In your heart, you know they're right.
http://curmudgeongamer.com/