Re: [stella] Strangely addictive..........

Subject: Re: [stella] Strangely addictive..........
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:40:17 +0100
Ândrew wrote:

> If we get more than two people putting up their hands, we should maybe make
> it into a competition for

Ah, the first [stella] competition. :-)

> a) The best implementation ("best" meaning overall, as voted by the masses)
> b) The shortest (in bytes, with a TOTAL copy of the features of the
> original)
> c) The most interesting solution (use of sprites, playfield/whatever)
> d) The quickest... to completion.

Except for d) they all sound interesting. d) is IMO a bit unfair, not
everbody has the same amount of free time. Especially right NOW. ;-)

> Anyway, if at least two others join, I'm in :)  Can't go against Thomas
> alone.

I am wondering about the controls. Copying the original 1:1 would
either require a trackball (not very common and not supported by
emulators!) or two paddles (IMO not very good).

And joystick control is probably not a good idea. Hm....???

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110