[stella] Climber 5 bug found

Subject: [stella] Climber 5 bug found
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:25:07 -0500
Hi all,

I think I've seen what Weston is talking about. I gasped when I first saw it but now it brings a chuckle. Maybe I should leave it in as an Easter Egg :-)

Weston, you were on your last climber so you didn't get to see what happens after your death. If you hit the fire button at just the right time¹ the game will pause and you'll go to the next level :LOL:

Now I have to track down where this little bugger is in the code. At least now I can see it and reproduce it a number of times too.

¹ For inquiring minds...
I've noticed if you're climbing the ladder and are sandwiched between 2 girders (one going left and the other going right). If you hit the fire button at the right time (when being hit or just before...I haven't determined yet) you'll go to the next level.

Take care,
Dennis