RE: [stella] Random Numbers

Subject: RE: [stella] Random Numbers
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 20 Feb 2004 03:45:59 -0000
> I saw Howard Scott Warshaw at a convention a few years ago and he said
> that this was a technique he actually used to generate random numbers.
> He used a pseudo-random number algorithm and periodicall re-seeded it
> based on the time between moves of the joystick. He pointed out that he
> was exploiting the only truly random thing in the system, the user.

"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits is,
of course, in a state of sin."
--John von Neumann (1951)

Anyone get a chance to look at the latest JoustPong?

And so I'm leaving / You can find out how much better things can get
And if it helps / I'd say I feel a little worse than I did when we met
	--Dar Williams, "As Cool As I Am"