Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:16:48 -0600

Compare and contrast with the CC2?

I compared the two recently. Correct me if I'm off on any of these:

Platform:
CC2: only runs on 7800
KC: 2600 or 7800

Game Support:
CC2: all 2600 games except PF2, all 7800 games
KC: most 2600 games (not Parker Bros or Supercharger I think)

Game Memory:
CC2: 512K (for ROM and RAM)
KC: 512K ROM 128K RAM

Price:
CC2: $200 + $15-20 for memory card and reader
KC: guessing around $100-$120?

KC requires a power cable, CC2 does not.

KC can only store one game at a time. CC2 can store all games ever made for 2600 and 7800 on one memory card and has a menu system to select them. It can also store game manuals in text format.

CC2 has a software reconfigurable bankswitching and menu system, KC cannot be changed.

Both have serial interfaces for development.

Both can retain games after power off (not sure if CC2 retains the last game loaded via serial tho)

CC2 has Supercharger support with automatic loading (cool!)

-paul