RE: [stella] JoustPong: more exciting than ever!

Subject: RE: [stella] JoustPong: more exciting than ever!
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:59:52 -0500
Hi Kirk,

> "Pterry" is now a resident of the magical JoustPong kingdom!

Great!

> I had probably my single most productive day of 2600 hacking. It's not
> quite done, I want to get Pterry swooping around a bit, and tweaking the
> bounce algorithm when the ball hits him (as opposed to a player, but
> overall
> I think it adds a lot to the game)

I was going to suggest this. Having him move up and down would be nice. BTW,
wouldn't the bounce logic be the same for Pterry as it is for the other
players (i.e. change horiz movement)? I hope your flicker doesn't affect the
hardware collision detection.

I also see the title screen scan line count fluctuates between 262 and 263
scan lines. I haven't tried this on my VCS so I don't know if the screen
jump is noticeable.

> Let me know what you think! I noticed I haven't been able to stir
> up a lot of conversation on the game lately...is this at all because
> I link to a URL for the ROM and source, as opposed to an attachment?

Not for me. I've been busy trying to finish my project that I haven't spent
much time with running other people's binaries.

Take care,
Dennis