Re: [stella] 7800 A/V mod

Subject: Re: [stella] 7800 A/V mod
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:58:48 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> At 01:10 PM 2/23/2004, you wrote:
> >Regarding the 7800 version, look for it in the summer.  It *will* happen.
>
> Is it going to be a daughter-card like solution also even for the Maria
> portion?  Would the audio signal path still work with Pokey carts?  Sounds
> like a really challenging mod to do without requiring a lot of soldering to
> install.

The short answer is "I don't know."
A longer answer is "I won't know until summer."  :P

The installation will if anything be *easier* than the 2600.  The mechanical
problems that come along with ~42 different console designs are non existent
with the 7800.  I just have to decide how I want to do it and I won't be able
even to think about that until summer.

-Chris