Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:26:37 +0100
Oliver wrote:
> Uh, you are seeing these distortions, too? Guess i messed up your composite
> mod. I think to have a gho at it again.

Not that urgent. I notice them only when I set my TV very bright.

> Btw, those distortions are caused by the composite sync line of the TIA.

I don't think so. The Star Fire logo is drawn in two steps.

First "Star" is drawn and the part of "Fire" is skipped (different code). Then
there are only distortions on the "Star" lines (which don't change at all!).

When the game starts with drawing "Fire" the distortions on that block of
rows are immediately there, even if only the first pixel of "F" is displayed.

So, IMO it can not depend on any display signal, it must be the code.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Ein Grund zum Feiern: Die PC Praxis ermittelt zwischen 10 grossen
Mailprovidern WEB.DE FreeMail als Testsieger http://f.web.de/?mc=021190