Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:25:16 -0500 (EST)
> The composite sync line does just what you describe here: if the voltage
> level is too high, it mixes signals from the CPU into the video picture. If you
> add a resistor (470k-1k), those distortions magically disappear. Better would
> be buffering the sync signal through an addtional gate/latch, something
> which i should have done to your mod... :-(

Ok, now I think I understand.  Are you talking about the dirty power supply?
If so, then it makes perfect sense.  The artifacts are definitely caused by
digital switching.  The sudden switching affects the power supply voltage,
which then shows up in every signal that uses that supply, including the
analog video section.

I thought you meant it was actually caused by the sync signal itself.
Silly me.  :P

-Chris