Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:17:47 +0100
Chris Wilkson wrote:
> Every time a digital signal switches state, it draws current from the 5v
> power supply.  The voltage will dip, sometimes significantly.  Because the
> video section uses that same power supply it is affected by the digital
> switching noise.  The video signal is basically a variable fraction of the
> 5v power supply.  Any changes in the power supply voltage will be directly
> copied to the video signal and therefore to the tv screen.

> Hope this helps!

Yes, but I've checked other (none AA) carts and the Supercharger. Both
cause waaay lower distortions.
E.g. the latest Thrust+ Platinum cart has  way more distortions than
the very first Thrust cart (v1.3) from Hozer. Starting from the 2nd
cart from Hozer (v1.4), the distortions show up.

The title screen code is always 99% identical, so where does the
difference come from, if not the board layout?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |