Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:28:18 +0100
Chris Wilkson wrote:
> As far as I know, Randy used the Sean Kelly board for 8k games and
> he used mine for 16k+ games.  There were some issues that I was
> never able to resolve.  Randy went *poof* before I could reproduce
> the problem myself. It could be that he used some non-specced parts
> on later versions of Thrust. I think he purchased all of the parts
> from me early on, but later only the PCB. If he did change the
> parts it could have caused video problems like what you're seeing.

If he did, then the results where very similar to the current Pixel
Past boards. Maybe some part was removed/changed for cost reduction?
The very first version (from 2000) has less distortions by far.

> BTW, Paul Slocum....I'm still waiting on a broken Marble Craze from
> you.  ;)

Does it start and then crashes later? I had that problem and Oliver
Achten magically fixed it within a minute. IIRC one small part
(debouncing resistor?) at the very top of the board was missing.

But Oliver should know better.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |