[stella] Atari 2600 start-up

Subject: [stella] Atari 2600 start-up
From: "Joe Grand" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:50:30 -0800
Hi everyone-

I was always under the impression that when the Atari powered up, it would
access $1FFC ($FFFC) to read the start/reset vector, jump to that point, and
continue on its merry way. Is this right?

Does anybody know if the Sears Video Arcade II (the 2600 that it in the 7800
case) does the same start up routine? I picked one up at a flea market today
(for $15) and some carts don't come up (but work fine on other systems). It
could be the system or it could be something else. The 2600 FAQ said the
SVAII design was completely different than earlier 2600 models (still uses
the 3 core chips, obviously).

Thoughts?

Thanks :)

Joe