[stella] Composite Video Mod

Subject: [stella] Composite Video Mod
From: Billy Eno <ceno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:51:53 -0600
Before I even begin this post:
I hereby recognize the existence of any number of pre-done solutions for producing a better picture with a VCS.

So here is my actual question:
I have done a variation of the video driver composite video mod on my Atari. I like the color and the brightness of the output, with two minor issues. There is distinctive horizontal banding (very tight banding, half the width of a playfield block). The banding goes from dark to light from left to right. And, the bright colors on dark colors bleed quite a bit to the right.

The circuit is pretty much the circuit at the bottom of this page: http://www.radioactive3.fsnet.co.uk/atari2600.htm except I pulled the chroma out directly and condition it in a similar manner to how it is conditioned on the main board.

Suggestions or comments?

Billy