Re: [stella] Cybertech board manufacturing

Subject: Re: [stella] Cybertech board manufacturing
From: Darrell Spice <dspice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:04:14 -0600
The visual trick helped a lot, my Atari's back together now :) Thanx!

On Mar 11, 2004, at 9:08 AM, Chris Wilkson wrote:

Hi Darrell, thanks for buying!

Hmmm....maybe you aren't pressing hard enough.  You really need to jam
the board into the socket.  Gently but firmly of course.  Try putting
the motherboard flat on your work surface and pressing the CyberTech
Card with the palm of your hand.  This is how I do mine.  If it's in
all the way, it should be really hard to pull it back out.

One visual trick that might work is to put the pins in contact with the
mb, besise the socket. Make a mark on the pins at the top of the socket.
Then try to install it. When it's properly seated, the marks will align
very closely (maybe not perfectly) with the top of the socket.

Please let me know if you have further issues.

-Chris