Re: [stella] Cybertech Videoboard

Subject: Re: [stella] Cybertech Videoboard
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:22:55 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, John Saeger wrote:

> Are you talking to me?  ;-)  I got mine too, but I also got finals next
> week so I have to wait for spring break to try it out.  Probably week
> after next.  It's a beauty though.  I see why you had to have them
> professionally assembled.  The soldering looks difficult.

yeah, you.  :)

Well....we didn't *have* to have them assembled.  The first 24 boards to go
out were soldered by hand.  Hand-soldering that many surface mount components,
especially those tiny tiny resistors, is a real pain...as anyone who looks at
the board can imagine.  We decided that it would be much easier, faster,
and cheaper to have them mass-assembled.

Boy were we WRONG about the "faster" part of that!!  :/

I'm glad you like the look of the board...I still haven't seen it.
Much sadness there.  (sick.  just sick.  I'm having to live vicariously
through my customers...)

I hope you get a chance to play with it soon!

-Chris