Re: [stella] reset switch: when to act?

Subject: Re: [stella] reset switch: when to act?
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:43:35 -0600

On Mar 12, 2004, at 10:37 PM, Rob wrote:

On Friday 12 March 2004 23:12, KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Or, I could make it so pressing reset does nothing,
but releasing reset starts a new game.

I like this best. Even better if there's an easter egg if you hold it down a while ;)

LOL

Whaddya think?
What's the most standard and/or friendliest?

Most standard, I think, is to screw up the display and/or sound as long as you're holding reset down, but that's just my gut feeling.

LOL (again). :)

I've always thought starting the game on release of
reset was the nicest way to do it.

In modern times, this would be the "standard" user-interface way of doing things, at least if you want to compare the reset switch to a mouse press when activating things like pushbuttons. :)

..Al

Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!