Re: [stella] Seawolf: First Playable Alpha Version

Subject: Re: [stella] Seawolf: First Playable Alpha Version
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:22:19 +0100
Manuel wrote:
> Which of the three? :-)
> (Mines, big or small ships?)

All three. IMO the volume is reduced too rapidly when getting low. Usually
explosions have some low volume echoes at the end.

> I'll soon have extra targets added for this purpose. I'm just not sure
> after which conditions they should be launched. Timer or Score controled...

Maybe you have to shot some special ships or some ships in a special order.

> This is also planned.

You could allow the players submarine to move up and down to evade
waterbombs or maybe even other submarines. And maybe the deeper
the submarine goes the less rows of enemies it can see and the higher
the more enemy fire is coming.

> Hm... the bigger ones maybe... good idea!

Yup, and maybe they could also be slowed down then. How about mine
laying ships or ships you are not allowed to hit at all (negative points)?

Or maybe you add some realistic scenarios, e.g. a convoy that is guided
by some destroyers and you try to pick the freighters while avoiding the
searching and fireing destroyers. And then you could try to slowdown
the whole convoy be damaging some ships without sinking them.

> I hope I get the gameplay a little more tactical with this game. I see
> more potential for that here than in Gunfight or Star Fire. Also it'll be
> more unique then. Rather than just blasting everything on the screen away,
> you'll have to plan your attacks a little more carefully...

That's IMO a very good idea. And for people who don't like that, you could
add a simplier arcade mode.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Extra-Konto: 2,50 %* Zinsen p. a. ab dem ersten Euro! Nur hier mit 25
Euro-Tankgutschein & ExtraPramie! http://extrakonto.web.de/?mc=021110