Re: [stella] PhillyClassic, John K Harvey, the homebrew scene, etc WAS:Climber 5 source code

Subject: Re: [stella] PhillyClassic, John K Harvey, the homebrew scene, etc WAS:Climber 5 source code
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 24 Mar 2004 12:00:12 -0000

> On the horizon I spot only very few upcoming games, though very promising:
>
> Fade Out: Brilliant concept, stella(/r) graphics.
> Death Derby: Glenn will do that - some day :-)
> Homestar Runner RPG: Killer App.

The Homestar Runner demo got a *lot* of attention at PC5.
The title screen is so attractive, that it really brings the
power of people's love for the website into play.

On the 2nd day, the giant TV of the AA booth was playing
the Homestar Runner demo right around the corner from the
smaller TV showing justpong, so I had to field a few questions...
the toughest being some 8 yr old's "why are they making a
new game on such an old system" (though I think there was a
subtext of "i'm a huge homestar fan, but I don't have an old
atari, just these new systems...)

"Rationality tied to moral decency is the most powerful joint
  instrument for good that our planet has ever known." --Michael Shermer