Re: Re: [stella] PhillyClassic, John K Harvey, the homebrew scene, etc WAS:Climber 5 source code

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] PhillyClassic, John K Harvey, the homebrew scene, etc WAS:Climber 5 source code
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:26:30 -0500
Hi Rich,

> Because of its lack of original game play (just another sports game) I don't
> actually anticipate a great deal of general interest,

Don't let that stop you. I felt the same about Climber 5 but I had to keep reminding myself why I was doing it...for my son and a personal accomplishment.

> and since I am married with 3 kids I can only work at this in fits and
> starts.

Hey, another [stella] member with my life except I'll have 4 children soon :-)

> But since I am just doing this for me, it works out.

Definitely!

> The point being I bet there are other lurkers out there like me who are
> working on personal projects like this that don't post either because of the
> pace of their project, the interest they perceive others would take in it, or
> they are afraid the quality or sophistication doesn't match what others here
> have produced.  I bet there is more out there then we know about.

To that I'd say bring it to the list anyway. [stella] can help in a lot of areas. Don't worry about the sophistication of a project. IMO if it's for the 2600, it's all good. As for the pace...well...[stella] is a good archiver too. You never know when that hard drive will go bad.

I'd encourage any and all [stella] members to post their projects. You will get great feedback on game play that will enhance the game/project. Use Climber 5 as an example. The feedback and suggestions I got were wonderful! I feel it took the game over the top.

Qb is a good example too. Andrew had a great game and when he'd post to [stella] great suggestions game forth. I remember when it was real easy to get an extra life in Qb. After some suggestions now it's not as easy and it made a great game.

Just my 2 cents :-)

Take care,
Dennis