[stella] OT: GERMANS *LOVE* DAVID HASSELHOFF (WAS:: PhillyClassic.....)

Subject: [stella] OT: GERMANS *LOVE* DAVID HASSELHOFF (WAS:: PhillyClassic.....)
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 25 Mar 2004 14:45:48 -0000
> Hi there!
>
> > Crazy, I hadn't heard of the game
>
> http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26594

> > Any info on the game? Or is this some kind of odd joke?
>
> Uhm... well...

Heh, I see what you mean. Guess I'm not too surprised Al hasn't
given it a place on the "In Development" page, then.

> > (After all, a catchphrase here is "Germans *Love* David
> > Hasselhoff", so maybe it's some kind of wishful thinking...
>
>It is in fact true. He's an absolute superstar here. I even thought there
>were times when the Knight Rider series was continued for the German market
>only and even his singing efforts went platinum in Germany and Austria... :-)

When I was visiting some friends in Germany we went to a local fair
with a bunch of carnival rides and what not, one of the attractions
(something like bumper cars if memory serves) was decorated with all
these airbrushed images of 80s stars; Hasselhoff in Knight Rider gear,
the A*Team, Alf I think, a few others.

I guess I can kind of sort of see the appeal, though he is more of a
punchline here, despite his successful revival in Baywatch. But we
never ever think of him as a singer, and the idea seems *really* weird
to us.

Also, I don't think Thomas shares in the Hasselhoff love either,
judging by his comments in that atariage thread.

--Kirk

"Uncertainty in the pressure of vivid hopes and fears is painful,
 but must be endured if we wish to live without the support of
 comforting fairy tales."  --Bertrand Russell