[stella] DASM question

Subject: [stella] DASM question
From: Erik Mooney <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:11:01 -0500
I'm hacking around with a bit of 2600 code after a long layoff, and I've
got a DASM question.  (I got the newest 2.20 from Andrew's site.)  I
vaguely remember being able to use short "local" labels, like

P0 dex
   bne P0

The branch would automatically look for the closest label named P0.  So
you could reuse the P0 label name elsewhere in the program, for small
local loops, so you didn't have to worry about making unique label names
every time.

Does the current version of DASM support this?  Doesn't seem to.  Did it
ever do so, or am I remembering some feature from some other assembler
somewhere?

- Erik