Re: Diff and Patch Was Re: [stella] Dasm for Linux

Subject: Re: Diff and Patch Was Re: [stella] Dasm for Linux
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:34:23 -0500
On Monday 29 March 2004 16:38, Christopher Tumber wrote:
> You know, this would be a really, really good way to
> distribute ROM hacks and fixes without copyright worries...

I originally distributed my first Space Invaders hack as a patch
against the original, though written in perl, and got such a
huge volume of luser help requests that I ended up holding my
breath and releasing the hack as a .bin.

Maybe people are more clued now, with the rise of things like IPS
patches, but somehow I doubt it.  I'd be more inclined to
release a patch as a VB program (or Tcl/freewrap program or
something like that) if I actually supported Windows users in my
spare time anymore.

Rob