RE: [stella] Generic kernal or just build a game?

Subject: RE: [stella] Generic kernal or just build a game?
From: stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:12:04 -0600
> > So for the purpose of determining which tombstone to "turn on" you
> > really treat the playfield as half resolution (16 cells across rather
> > than 32, the edges aren't used).
>
> Easy then, adding one more LSR for dividing the xpos by 8 instead of 4
> should do the trick for you as well.

Sounds like something you'd do for double-wide bricks.  Mine were
single-wide.  But I was just thinking about how to make them double-wide.
Just change this:

bitTable	byte #%00000001		; Thanks Manuel! :)
		byte #%00000010
		byte #%00000100
		byte #%00001000
		byte #%00010000
		byte #%00100000
		byte #%01000000
		byte #%10000000

to this:

bitTable	byte #%00000011		; Thanks Manuel! :)
		byte #%00000011
		byte #%00001100
		byte #%00001100
		byte #%00110000
		byte #%00110000
		byte #%11000000
		byte #%11000000

I think I'm going to make the brick width a player selectable option.
Attached is a slightly modified binary that demonstrates double-wide bricks.

-Lee