RE: [stella] Reflex binary and source (unfinished)

Subject: RE: [stella] Reflex binary and source (unfinished)
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:55:08 -0600
Hey Kirk,

> (Actually, it's funny, your tagged username (using the domain
> for unique ID, which gets blocked out on the stella searchengines)
> means that in the  search engine your name appears as "stella",
> since you don't send along any further username...)

I noticed this too and couldn't figure it out.  I thought it was something I
had to update on my stellalist login, but it appears I didn't enter my name
for the account in Outlook.  I hope it's fixed now.

> I'm absolutely grateful that some of your early posts give
> a dash of credit to 2600 101, because otherwise your speed
> would totally put me to shame even more than it does now...I
> have a 2 year dev journal, yours is going to be like
> Day 1: did all the hard bits, got it looking nice
> Day 2: well, there was one more hard bit, did that, some other stuff
> Day 3: finished up the rest
> Day 4: ready to ship!

Don't be so hard on yourself.  1) Your 2600 101 was invaluable to me as a
beginner, 2) I have spent nearly a solid month absorbing almost everything I
could find about TIA (which I'm sure is easier to find today than it was two
years ago), and 3) Though the development time's been relatively short, I
have spent an ungodly number of hours working on this... just ask my wife...

> I'm defintely not going to tell you any game ideas I have, just
> for fear you'd have a final ROM before I got started :-)

I'd never steal a game idea!  Well... I mean... besides the one I'm
currently coding, which is from an old Compute! Gazette disk.  Seriously
though, I wish I were more creative when it comes to conceptualizing unique
game ideas.  In fact, the game I'm thinking about doing next is simply a
port of Lode Runner. (Clone Runner?)

-Lee