[stella] Master Mind Deluxe

Subject: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe
From: Happy_Dude <happy_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:32:05 +0200
S Y N O P S I S
Master Mind Deluxe has 5 positions in the code and 8 possible
colours for each position giving 32768 permutations
A 2nd variation uses blank positions, the equivilant of 9 colours
giving 59049 permutations.

I picked up this board game last week for $1 and imidiatly thought
This should be a 2600 game. So I got to work with pen and paper
writing down how I wanted to implement it, how the program would
flow etc.......
Initialy I wanted the full 12 rows of pegs on screen, thats 10 pegs
per row if you include the black and white key pegs.
I decided to use 3 lines of pegs, The Code line at the top of the
screen which would remain hidden during play, the current line
where you select the code to input and the last row so you can
see what you got right last turn.

This first demo took a long time to code. I had to relearn a lot
of sprite stuff and I mixed up the Player colour registers.
When I realised this and fixed it, my colour change timing was perfect :D

All 3 rows are implemented with variables used to load the colours.
The 5 digit displays are duplicated in code making the
display code much larger than I'd like it to be.(almost half of my 1k rom)
I'm using 9 cycles of sleep to align the colour writes
so theres enough room for a JSR to a single routine
if I can work it out.