RE: [stella] Reflex: Paddle woes

Subject: RE: [stella] Reflex: Paddle woes
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2 Apr 2004 20:20:36 -0000
Dang, deleted the previous email.

Paddle Cap question: wow, a full frame?  Huh.

I think there could be a simple, universal answer to how long
it takes, at least for given hardware, even if the next step
(how best to integrate that with a given game) is obviously
very case-specific.

Probably a good, visual, no-debugger way would be a simple
kernal that does nothing but change the bgcolor once it detects
the change...then the question is, how much dynamic range do you
get, do you have to reset the VBLANK bit sometime during the
usual game logic time, or what.

I think I'd mostly focus on the "standard" atari paddles,
and maybe tweak things to ensure Z26's mouse support was ok.

  "Being 'in a state of nudity' is not an inherently expressive condition."
     --Sandra Day O'Connor, in a ruling upholding a ban on nude dancing