RE: [stella] Reflex: Paddle woes

Subject: RE: [stella] Reflex: Paddle woes
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:38:20 -0500 (EST)
On 2 Apr 2004 KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The other strong argument against paddle controllers is that if anything,
> this is a driving controller game...i.e. a player might get frustrated
> if they go round and keep hitting the edge of the control. But I'm not
> sure if driving controllers are sensitive enough, and they're rareish.
> You're probably making the right choice re: paddles but I still wish a
> smart motivated guy like you was gonna be my paddle guinea pig :-)

Hmmm...you beat me to it Kirk!  But driving controllers aren't as rare as
people think.  And if a person is willing to shell out $40 for a homebrew
game, they aren't the type that's going to feel bad about getting a set of
driving controllers.  Or even just one controller.

I'd really like to see this game use driving controllers.  I think it's
perfect.  Playing it with joysticks would feel like palying Rampart on
a PS2 controller.  It just isn't right.

-Chris