Re: [stella] NTSC or PAL Dev ?

Subject: Re: [stella] NTSC or PAL Dev ?
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 4 Apr 2004 14:05:02 -0000
> >Ah, cool. So we finally have a volunteer to do the 2600 version of
> >Catapult! ;-)

> Well, i dive into the stella programmer's guide last night and I have to say that I feel it will be a long time before I can program such a game.
>
> First I'll try to change the color of the background and display a player graphic * Big Work for me now as I haven't totally understood the way to build the program structure, I'll dig into the stella archive for this... *. If I can do that first, I'll consider to make more elaborate programs later. ;-)

Have you seen my tutorial 2600 101
http://alienbill.com/2600/101/
as well as Andrew Davie's Newbiew Forum,
http://atariage.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31

Both are easier "first steps" to diving right into the
Stella Programmer's Guide and the stella archives--
though both the guide and the archives are crucial
resources once you've reached the end of the newbie
stuff.

Admittedly my tutorial is a little NTSC centric...
typical American Imperialism at work.

  Cultivate the Switzerland of your soul and remain delightfully detached.
                     --Janeane Garofalo