RE: [stella] Reflex: Source of PAIN!

Subject: RE: [stella] Reflex: Source of PAIN!
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 02:19:41 -0500
> I just spent a few minutes playing--at this rate of development, I have
> a feeling the game is going to be finished when I wake up in the
> morning!!  :)

I wish!

> Very nice! [Re: Controller icons]
> If you can do the same icon that's on the driving controllers that
> might look good, but the steering wheel works well also.

Thanks.  I'll try to leave them alone for a while.  I shouldn't spend too
much time tweaking "minor" aesthetics when I've got so much other stuff to
worry about.

> 1) Sometimes the ball is unbearably slow.  When this happened, I opted
> to simply lose the ball to get a faster one the next time out.  :)

Heh.  I read your followup message!

> 2) I managed once to hit the ball against the edge of the paddle (when
> the paddle was horizontal), and it got "stuck" until I moved the paddle
> again (it was vibrating madly).

Others have found this too.  Instead of fussing over controller icons, I
should be building good paddle reflection code!

> 3) I love Breakout-style games and have professed my desire to program
> an Arkanoid game someday for the 2600.  I would not be adverse if
> someone else did it.  :)  :)

Once this game is done, I may well have gotten breakout-style coding out of
my system.  But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy to help with your
project. :)

Thanks for the feedback!
-Lee