[stella] Re: About your tutorial

Subject: [stella] Re: About your tutorial
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:18:03 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Kirk,

> But anyway, I'm pretty sure the idea is that he
> wanted to count the time it took to set the timer,
> and maybe the time it took to check the timer at the
> other end, but anything in between you don't care
> about (as long as it's under the overall time
limit.)

Well, I understand this concept. :-)

But as I'am currently trying to write a source code
that I'll use as the basis structure of all my future
programs, I'am trying to be very accurate into cycle
couting for each portion of the code, so I'll be able
to say exactly how many cycles will be available for
the Verticlal Blank or Overscan periods without care
about all the instructions I already wrote for timer
programming and other stuff.

(I'll write one for NTSC and one for PAL and
I'll post them at Stella Big List as soon as they will

be finished, so 2600's gurus like you will be able to
correct me)

> BTW, judging by your email domain (and also the way
> the name portion of your email address comes over as

> =?iso-8859-1?q?Christian=20Bogey?=  )
> is it safe to say English isn't your first language?

Indeed, I'm French

>  Because your English is absolutely excellent...

Thanks, you're a very kind person :-D
I do my best, but you'll see it won't be so perfect
;-)

> actually, I don't know how big Atari was in
France...
Well Atari was very popular here in the golden days,
but today I think there's just few persons interrested
into the 2600/7800 regarding Atari's related French
sites and the French Ebay activities. I think the 2600
is more supported in Germany.

> Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck!
Yes sure, thanks

Take Care,