Re: [stella] Use of the Bit 1 of VBLANK - What about Overscan ?

Subject: Re: [stella] Use of the Bit 1 of VBLANK - What about Overscan ?
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:15:29 +0200 (CEST)
Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
> AFAIK enabling VBLANK isn't necessary at all and is
> just there for the convenience (hard to believe,
> isn't it? ;-) of the programmer.

Well when I read your post I first thought you were
making me a joke ;-) but you are totally right :
I wrote my first program (so please, be complaisant)
where I disable the VBLANK Register (with the Clear
Mem Loop) and never enabling it later...and it
works !!! (I used Z26, I don't know what happen on a
real VCS)

I begin to have some questions about the Stella
Programer's Guide... if some infos are wrong,
programmming will turn to a nightmare.

Anyway, Thanks a lot Thomas,
Take Care,

Chris