Re: [stella] minor 2600 Cookbook Update

Subject: Re: [stella] minor 2600 Cookbook Update
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 15 Apr 2004 17:47:52 -0000
> KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Someone hinted that they wanted an example of subpixel movement,
> > so it's there in its uncommented glory at
> > http://alienbill.com/2600/cookbook/skipdraw.txt
>
> Just a minor suggestion
> instead of lda #199 how about lda #192+P0HEIGHT-1
> Just to make it more apparent whats going on
> .... and make it easier to change the graphic height ;-)

You're absolutely right.

(or better yet, do a "KERNALHEIGHT = 192"
 and then do a #KERNALHEIGHT + POHEIGHT - 1)

I did some work on an update of the leprechaun level editor,
then added exact horiz positioning to a version of that demo
program, though I grabbed the code
from Joustpong, kind of a big multiscanline one, kind of
forgetting the nice write up of the tighter code that Andrew
put into the Newbie Forum. I think I should use that code
instead.

"When life gives you poop, make poop juice." --Max Canon's Red Meat