Re: [stella] Multicart Menu System

Subject: Re: [stella] Multicart Menu System
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:39:59 -0500
On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 15:58, Kroko wrote:
> Can you please give me some hints, how in principle a text engine
> for this task could be made for the VCS. Is there a description of
> an appropriate kernel somewhere ? What would be a realistic
> number of character for each entry ?

The Stellar Track engine would work, and the source to Greg Troutman's
Dark Mage, which uses a modified version of it, is freely available.
However, you probably should grab my hack of *that*, which is Fellowship
of the Ring, which uses Thomas Jentzsch's improvements to the engine.
IIRC the resolution is 13 lines of 12 characters each, and it produces
262-line NTSC.  Source is freely available to that as well.

Adam