Re: [stella] 6532 port A input only?

Subject: Re: [stella] 6532 port A input only?
From: rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:16:48 +0000
> Do any games or controllers configure the 6532 (RIOT) port A pins
> as outputs, or are they always used input only?
>
> I suspect the various development tools that use the game controller
> ports as serial ports must configure port A pins as outputs, but does
> anything ELSE do this?

The only thing I knew about (before the Combat post) that used a joyport like the Atari for output was the link cable you could purportedly create for Zero Tolerance, a game for the Sega Genesis.  Might be neat to dig up that schematic again (Matt?) and make it work on a 2600.

Similar thread here: http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199905/msg00013.html

Ruffin Bailey