Re: Re: [stella] z26 snapshot

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] z26 snapshot
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:10:13 +0200

Then starting Z26 got me a black screen of nothingness, not even music was
heard.
<<

This usually means that z26/SDL has difficulties with initializing
something. We had this problem in past versions, because we forgot
to lock the audio callback function when we were writing to the
sound queue. This should be fixed in the new codethat Brian just
posted a link to.

I assume the new version of Z26 _always_ assumes a Stelladaptor and is
waiting for some USB communication, even when only using a standard pad or
something like that...
<<

No, z26 uses the normal joystick functions of the SDL library,
which under Windows just uses the normal multimedia functions
of the Windows API. z26 has no knowledge about a controller
using USB or the old style joystick port.

If z26 is hanging at startup, you could try running it with
the -iJ command line switch. This is disabling the PC-joystick
support. If that fixes the problem, then z26 must be hanging in
the joystick init code.

The only way why an USB joystick would conflict with an
older joystickport controller might be if the USB port
and the joystick port use the same resources on your
computer. Since you are having this problem with all games,
it might be worth having a look in the "Gerätemanager"

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg