Re: [stella] z26 snapshot

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 snapshot
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 12:17:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Brad Johnson wrote:

> 	Works great on my system (a rather slow 400MHz K6-2)!

That's good to hear!

> It's good
> to see a working z26 port to Linux. I don't know if you're taking
> feature requests at all, but is there any chance of working in a
> '--help' style command line arguement that would list all the
> arguements? Most Unix programs also show this if you start them without
> any arguements at all.

We're taking feature requests, but at least until 2.13 is released,
we aren't adding a lot of features. This one wouldn't be hard to do
though, and I've already been thinking about changing the command line
parsing anyway, to allow a space between an option and its argument.

Currently, `z26 -v11 rom.bin' runs in a window and `z26 -v 11 rom.bin'
doesn't. Most well-written UNIX programs allow either style.. also
option bundling: `z26 -n -v11 rom.bin' and `z26 -nv11 rom.bin' should
do the same thing, but don't.

Right now z26 prints its version number if you call it with no args,
it would be trivial to add a usage message to that. I'll go ahead
and do this much now. The rest can wait a while.

Enjoy,

--
B.