Re: Question about your VCS simulator [ Was Re: [stella] TIA Playfield Painter V1.02 Released]

Subject: Re: Question about your VCS simulator [ Was Re: [stella] TIA Playfield Painter V1.02 Released]
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 16:50:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

Kirk wrote :

> Yeah? What's it do anyway?
The VCS simulator allow to run the games I wrote for
it
(the games files must be unzip into the VCS Simulator
directory (not into sub-directories) and run from it).

Anyway:
- As it was released some years ago (for 486 DX 33Mhz
PC) I don't know how it works on last end computers.
Maybe it doesn't work on 2 Ghz or more computers...
it'll be a good opportunity to use our old and dusty
machines with that old good DOS ;-)

- This simulator is a PC program and it has nothing to

do with real VCS programming : I use it to program
quickly some VCS 2600 looks-like games, just for fun
:-D (Fun is such important in life !!!)

Ahhh sweet memories...
The first game I wrote was Ewok adventure... it was a
long time before the prototype was released and a lot
"veterans" of the old version of the Atari Age site
enjoyed it (maybe Albert remember that ;-) ).
I remember I programmed it from a description of
the prototype I found on the web... very funny to
perform.

I received a lot of congrats emails of people who
loved to play to yar's quest too... I love to make the

other people happy playing with my games :-D

> And what's up with your javascripting and right
> clicking?

lol, not a big deal even if I understand this can be
annoying.
In fact it was the first javascript program I
ever wrote and I haven't removed it from my pages...
just because I'am nostalgic :-D

But indeed it's not very useful (Ok, not useful at all
;-) )
I'll remove it one of these days... I agree with you
it will be more functional ;-)

Take care,
Chris