[stella] Some (newbie) precisions about Missiles and Ball

Subject: [stella] Some (newbie) precisions about Missiles and Ball
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:55:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
forgive my newbie programming questions but I've just
started to program the Sprites and I need some
infos...

I have no problems with the Player Graphics (Thanks
again to Andrew Davie for his great tutorial section
at AtariAge) but before going further in my study I'd
like to know if I've understood all the things I need
to know about the Missile Graphics and the Ball.

Please let me know if I'm wrong or if you think I
missed something :

- Both Missiles and Ball can have 1, 2, 4 or 8 clock
width. Right ?

- Missiles can be displayed 1, 2 or 3 times on a same
scanline : what is the clock width corresponding to
the close, medium and wide space ? is it 8, 24 and 56
clocks ?

- The Missiles size can be x2 and x4 : does this mean
they can be 1x2 to 8x4 clocks width ?

- I haven't understand how works VDELBL. Anyone can
explain me simply what to do with this register ?

Thanks,
Take care,
Chris