RE: Aw: Re: [stella] Assymetrical PF and Repositioning don't mix...

Subject: RE: Aw: Re: [stella] Assymetrical PF and Repositioning don't mix...
From: "Erik Mooney" <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:25:39 -0500
Sorry, hit send too early on that last message, I also meant to
say this...

> Instead of a repositioning loop, you could do some 15
> different kernels RESPing at the precise cycles where the loop
> would do it.

My River Rampage kernel does exactly that to reposition the
player plane after finishing drawing his bullets.  Actually,
only 11 kernels are needed, not 15.  And I swear that the JMP
Indirect instruction was invented exactly for this purpose. :)

Anyway, another solution is this: instead of needing to have
a branch to RESP at every possible 15-pixel interval, you can
write to RESP at every 30-pixel interval instead, if you then
use the next TWO scanlines to do two different HMOVEs before
actually starting to draw the player object.